A banania cake follows a simple recipe that includes banania chocolate breakfast mix, that you may find by clicking on this link. This product includes a mixture of nutritious ingredients like chocolate, honey, vanilla and banana flour. The pastry can be served as a dessert or even used as a celebration snack, served with chocolate icing and cream cheese icing.
Read on to learn how to bake this versatile snack.
• 150g Banania chocolate breakfast mix
• 2 cups of flour
• 3-4 large ripe bananas
• Two eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ cup cooking oil
• One teaspoon baking powder
• One teaspoon baking soda
• One teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ cup chopped walnuts
• Baking should be precise, and you should have a full set of measuring cups and spoons
• Baking pan regular baking pan is a definite must-have tool, but you can choose your preferred shape
• Rubber spatula for scraping the last bit of dough out of a pan
• Pastry brush to grease a pan before pouring the batter. You may also use baking paper.
• Wire rack to allow air to circulate baked goods as they cool
• Fine-mesh sieve for sifting dry ingredients like floor
• A strong Wooden spoon for mixing the ingredients and stirring the batter
• Two mixing bowls
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
2. Add your flour into a measuring cup and level it with a straight-edged spatula
3. Pour one cup of your flour into the sieve, place it over the mixing bowl and pat repeatedly. This step allows the flour to pour into the bowl without air pockets.
4. Add baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda into the sieved flour and mix them gently with a fork
5. Peel your bananas, slice them into small pieces and place them into another mixing bowl
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time, into the bowl with bananas and add oil, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and 150g of the banania sachet. Whisk them thoroughly to create a smooth batter
7. Add flour to the creamed mixture and stir
8. When your batter has achieved a smooth consistency, add chopped walnuts and stir the mixture to ensure the walnuts are spread evenly into the batter
9. Pour your batter into the greased pan
10. Place your batter into the oven and set it to 350 degrees. Let the pastry bake for 30 minutes.
11. Please remove it from the oven and let it cool in the baking pan for at least 10minutes.
12. Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to ensure that your snack will come off easily.
13. Place it on a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Pro Tip: You can make muffins, a layered bake or cupcakes if you have the respective pans or trays.
This bake comes in as a great addition to a chocolate breakfast mix. Slice it into small sizes and serve it with raspberry milk or ice cream. If you prefer it as a breakfast snack, the perfect companion would be a chocolate breakfast mix, a hot cup of coffee, tea or cocoa. You can also enjoy it with a cozy drink as an afternoon snack.
If you wish to enjoy your snack mix later in the week, cover your pastry with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. It will only stay fresh for 4 to 5 days.